Saturday, April 16, 2011

in my mailbox #2

In My Mailbox is a book meme hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren.
 
The title of this entry is actually a lie (I know, shame on me, blah blah blah). I didn't actually get these books in the mail.
So this weekend, I came back home for a little refresher before going back to school and hitting the books in preparation for FINALS... bleck. Anyways, lucky me, because today happened to be the last day that the Borders near my house stayed in business. Have you guys ever been to a bookstore that was going to close soon? It was like a bibliophile's heaven. Everything was 90% off! Now, I should give the disclaimer that I happened to step into the store 30 minutes before it closed (forever), so everything was dirt cheap. Let me tell you though, it was so competitive in there! I was going to reach for this book when this random woman snatched it right from underneath me! And to add insult to injury, she also swiped ALL the books from the shelf and cradled her victory bundle in her arms. I would have spit at her if it weren't so socially inacceptable... not really... well, maybe.
 
Okay, that's enough rant time. Now to show off my fruits of the day! I forgot to bring my camera with me, so these were taken with my shotty - yet reliable - webcam. Woo hoo!
 

Jealousy by Lili St. Crow
Torment by Lauren Kate
Vixen by Jillian Larkin

Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare
The Line by Teri Hall
Outside the Ordinary World by Dori Ostermiller

White Cat by Holly Black
The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer
You by Charles Benoit

A Kind of Intimacy by Jenn Ashworth
The Frenzy by Francesca Lia Block
Betrayal by Gillian Shields

The Scorch Trials by James Dashner
Push by Sapphire
Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
 
I know these aren't all YA fiction, but I always like to branch out in consideration to my reading range. One thing I should mention, though - I already have my copy of Torment (and am eagerly awaiting the third installment!), so I might just have my newly-bought copy up for grabs! ;)
 
Happy reading~

5 comments:

  1. I got Torment too! I love The Scorch Trials. =D

    My IMM (vlog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on exams, and thats quite a mailbox :)
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved Torment, and looking forward to White Cat. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!!YOu got soo many great books this week.I have heard great things about Rebel Angels,Torment,Jealousy,Vixen.Discovered some new books so thanks for sharing.Happy Reading.
    Thank You for stopping by and following.I am a new follower.
    Mia
    http://bookaholic5.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you got so many books! The House of the Scorpion is really, really good. I hope you enjoy it! I can't wait to hear what you think of The Scorch Trials. I thought that it was even better than The Maze Runner! Great Mailbox!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to comment! I read each and every comment, so your thoughts are much appreciated.

Happy Reading!